Monday, February 3, 2014

Morning Glory

I have to be honest with you. I absolutely love early mornings. Yep, it's true. The dark windows, the buzzing alarm clock, the peeling of the eyes open, the coffee, The Today Show... I love it all. I know all of you non-morning people are shaking your heads with disgust and must have the worst expression on your faces, but really it's just my thing. Something about the bright glow of the sky and the crisp air captivates my heart. And today, there are drip drops of rain to add to the package. I am swooned by the morning and the Lord knows it well.

Besides the atmosphere of the break of day that I so completely love, I am comforted by a fresh start. Waking up in the morning means we get a new day. A brand new day. There are many promises from the Lord that I hold close to my heart, but here is what He says about the morning that truly gives me rest each day:

"The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning."
{Lamentations 3:22-23 // NLT}

Ah. Beautiful. I feel like if I had my morning coffee with Jesus and I began telling Him of the madness of the day to come, or in this case the week to come, He would relieve everything with these words. His love never ends or fails. His mercies are fresh each and every day. And everything else seems to melt away. Thank you, Lord.

So here we are on a Monday morning. Maybe you're a morning person, maybe you're totally not. But, like all of us, I'm sure you need to be reminded that you have a fresh start today. Jesus has renewed His mercy and His love for You remains constant. Today is NEW. How will you use it?



May your Monday morning be defeated by His mercy!




No comments:

Post a Comment